Thursday, July 26, 2018

CCEEers Are Cool



Here is the CCEE Weekly Stampers Challenge from our hostess, Lynn....

Here it is the last Thursday of July, and the calendar says it is National Refreshment Day!


One way to beat the heat of summer is with a cold refreshment. Do you cool down with a glass of lemonade, a rainbow snowcone, an ice cream cone, a cold bottle of beer, or something else? Whatever it may be, share with the CCEE Stampers your favorite cool-down treat in your design this week.
 I intended to do a popsicle ir uce cream card, but a multitude of phone calls interupted my time in the stamp cave so I had to go more simply.......so......I used this old set of watermelons from Flourishes.  /the sentiment is also from the same set.  I embossed the vertical panel with a swirl embossing folder, added paper piercing around the edge of the base, and used a Cottage Cutz die to cut my image panel.

Be sure to stop in at the CCEE Blog to see the cool refreshments portrayed by the rest of the team.  Here in CT we need some cooling refreshments....the humidity is so thick that you have to make a tunnel through it as you go outside.....(not really, but it feels that way....lol)

..

7 comments:

  1. Nothing says summer like a cold slice of watermelon!! Fabulous card
    for the challenge, Joanne!! The embossed swirls look like vines!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn’t love watermelon... fab card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, humid here as well! I love your watermelon card with the panel the color of watermelon. As a kid, I used to spit the seeds into the grass.......most of them would sprout!! (Daddy not happy!). Fab piercing, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of the inside of a watermelon and love its natural contrast with the greens of the outside of it. Eating watermelon with my cousins in the back yard brings back some sweet memories as well. Thanks for the memory! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watermelon is a great treat! I remember as a kid in Pennsylvania the thrill of seeing someone bring a watermelon to a picnic. Now I can get it any time I want just by going to the grocery store. The "thrill" may be gone, but the treat is still there. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum - I love watermelon on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me hungry for watermelon!! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete